Thursday, December 7th marked the last day of classes and final presentations for students in the Entrepreneurship Class taught by Tom Patton ’86. Students presented business ideas to a panel of judges from SV Health Investors, including Andrew Capetta, A.J. Rossi, and Megan MacDonagh. SV Health Investors is a venture and private equity investor that backs entrepreneurs in the healthcare space.
Students pitched their ventures on a variety of innovative topics including:
- PennyVentures, an app to support students who study abroad that combines budgeting, social media, and connections to local restaurants and services vetted by users.
- Bass River Cruise, a luxury boat company providing unique water bound experiences on the Cape.
- Splitz, an app that easily divides expenses for group online orders.
- VapeEscape, nicotine patch therapies in fun shapes and colors to encourage young adults to quit vaping without the stigma.
- UniBite, an app to aid college students in maintaining healthy and nutritious diets.
After deliberating, the panel announced the winning teams. Second Place went to Team UniBite comprised of Devyn Gianino ‘25, JP McCarthy ‘24, Ashley Bunici ‘26, and Nico Corporan ‘26. First Place went to team VapeEscape comprised of Eileen Evans ‘25, Mikey Rufino ‘24, and Mary Pat Sayre ‘24.
To close the event, Cassie Gevry, Associate Director of Business Certificate Programs for the Ciocca Center at Holy Cross, shared the dates for upcoming spring events such as CrossTank, the annual Holy Cross spring pitch competition, to be held on March 25, 2024. She also announced that the city of Worcester will hold the inaugural WooTank Intercollegiate Showdown on April 2, 2024 where winning teams from their respective college competitions will compete for capital from real sharks. This year, competing colleges include Holy Cross, WPI, Clark University and Nichols College. Students from the Entrepreneurship course were encouraged to compete.