COES STUDENT PROFILE: Casey Carty ’18

Carty Name: Casey Carty
Class Year: 2018
Major: Political Science

Internship Position: Event and Social Media Coordinator, Water Rising Project

Are you registered for the COES Professional Program? 
I am in the COES Professional Program and have participated in a number of prebusiness programs including: the Fullbridge Program, co-chair of the Agency (advertising club), on the student board of the annual Women in Business Conference as well as working in the COES Office as an intern.

How has the COES programming influenced or connected you to your future career plans / goals?
The COES Program, in particular Fullbridge, has influenced my future career in allowing me to test all branches of business and discover where my strengths and weakness lie.

While looking for your internship, what services did you use at the Center for Career Development?
I visit Megan Chester on a regular basis and with her help, I now have the perfect resume! The Center for Career Development has  also helped me reach out to alumni and potential connections I want to make via email and well as on LinkedIn.

What skills did you gain from your involvement with COES and how have they added to your professionalism?
The COES Program grants me the ability to explore the business world while still receiving a liberal arts education. Professor Chu (and the WIB Conference) promises all students that at Holy Cross we can major in anything and succeed in business. Throughout the program I have learned how to market myself and my strengths to future employers.

What is one piece of advice that you would give to freshmen considering a business career?
Find what you’re good at and hone your skills!